Chalmers Community Church is looking to add a full-time member to our pastoral team. Working with the Lead Pastor in shepherding our congregation and community, the Associate Pastor will specifically oversee and further develop our Children’s Ministries, Youth Ministries and Adult Discipleship Ministries.
Overview of Church and Community
Chalmers Community Church is a growing, rural, evangelical church in the Municipality of Kincardine, Ontario. Chalmers has been around for over 150 years and stands on the shoulders of those who have come before us to look expectantly at the adventure that God has for us ahead. Over the last 5 years, we have put intentional energy into children and youth ministry, with the result of seeing a great increase in young families call Chalmers home. We have also developed some small group ministries with a desire to become a church of disciples who make disciples. Chalmers main target area is the rural community of the Municipality of Kincardine. Our Lead Pastor is passionate about growth (spiritual and numerical), evangelism, and caring for the whole family and is looking for someone to join the team in seeing the Kingdom of God proclaimed further in the Kincardine area. For more on our church congregation, please visit our website at www.chalmerschurch.com
Role and Responsibility
- Provide leadership and oversight to discipleship ministries including but not limited to mentoring, one on one discipleship, growth groups and bible studies
- Build a team of volunteer leaders, equipping and training them to serve as Growth group hosts and facilitators
- Provide communication and administrative support for all discipleship ministry, including social media, permission forms, plan to protect adherence, etc.
- Champion a culture of “disciples making disciples” at Chalmers
- Oversee the Senior Youth Program (High School Age) and Junior Youth Program (Grade 6-8), including building a team of volunteer leaders, equipping and training them to serve well
- Provide communication and administration support for all youth ministry activities, including social media, permission forms, plan to protect adherence, etc.
- Help youth transition their faith to career or post-secondary education
- Provide leadership and oversight to our Children’s Ministry to move our program forward
- Create and oversee a fun, caring and safe environment that is exciting to kids and satisfies parents’ concerns
- Build a team of volunteer leaders, equipping and training them to serve well in Children’s Ministry, including Nursery, Preschool and KidsChurch
- Provide communication and administrative support for all children’s ministry, including social media, permission forms, plan to protect adherence, etc.
- Equip parents to be the primary faith leaders at home.
- Administer the Plan to Protect
- Assist the Lead Pastor in other projects/pastoral duties as skills and time allow
- Participate in weekly staff meetings with the Lead Pastor
- The Associate Pastor reports directly to the Lead Pastor and is ultimately accountable to the congregation through the Board of Elders.
- Bi-Weekly staff meetings will be held to facilitate clear and effective communication
Education & Qualifications
- Bible College or Seminary is required
- Deep commitment to Jesus Christ with a passion for youth, children and connecting with others
- Strong interpersonal skills, especially with adults and youth
- Strong administrative, communication and leadership skills
- Able to work effectively both in team situations and independently
- Able to work well with adults, caring for volunteers and creating cohesive teams
- A clear police criminal record check
- Valid Driver’s License and access to a Vehicle
- Experience with and passion for rural/small town a great asset
- Willingness to become a member of Chalmers Community Church
- Willingness to go through a credentialing process
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org